Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Searching for Booth....

Ahhhh, a successful start to the tour season. And not a moment too soon as the costumes were about to consume my abode. As the crinolines attempted to make a break from the wardrobe I scooped them up and set out for Washington City. As rolling roadblocks loomed ahead I wondered if anyone would brave the town on a marathon/war protest day for a little walking tour? And would my actors be able to find me?

Huzzah! They did brave it and the actors did appear. Success! And although I forgot to pack the Victorian underwear to show guests, I did actually remember to put the historic photographs inside my reticule.

And now that it's under my belt, preparations are underway for April's venture: a recreation of April 14th, 1865. On April 18th, 2009!

Now if I could only find that Wilkes Booth hat.....

www.historicstrolls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment