Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Tiny Fred? Tiny Tim?




Fun Facts for December: Dickens had a brother he called "Tiny Fred". In 1939, President Roosevelt moved Thanksgiving up a week to stimulate the economy. Some continued to celebrate the holiday on the original date and dubbed the new holiday "Franksgiving".

Not so fun fact: It is going to be chilly out there this weekend. About 45 degrees I should think, so dress warmly for the Dickens tour my dears. Mrs. C will be wearing about 4 to 5 layers and will resemble a Thanksgiving Turkey herself. One year, I came the tour in curlers thinking I would have time to pull them out before the tour began. But of course, I forgot and this is the result in the photo at the top. I'm wearing curlers, a snood and two hats. My head was warm indeed!

Here's another year where I am not seen but am wearing two layers as it just wasn't that chilly. We cannot predict the weather so we scan www.noaa.gov for radar (oh, Rudolph with your nose so bright, are you just a sattelite?)

Brrr!

See you at Cosi, I'll be there at 11:45 before each tour to sell tickets and you can purchase them online also at www.historicstrolls.com up until 9:00 am the morning of the tour you wish to attend.

Mrs. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment