Monday, December 26, 2011

BRrrrrrrrrrr!


"Bloomers!" says Mrs Cratchit. Twas cold out there my dears, cold indeed. And Mrs. C forgot her over bloomers on the last tour. I had two pairs of woolies, one pair o' jeans, two shirts, two sweaters, one dress, two sweaters on top of that and one cape. And I am positive that I forgot to get a cast photo at the end. If anyone shot a nice pic of the cast on 12/24, do send it to me and if we use it, ye shall get a giftie from the Cratchits!
Each actor had many, many layers on this year. Our poor Desi and Nicolette each wore about 12 to 14 pounds of costumes during the shows. I was determined to keep these ladies toasty warm and they bore the burden with grace. But now a mountain of laundry awaits Mrs. C. Oh, ode to Joy. 'Tis the glamourous side of theatre! The wooly scarves are on the line as I type, the coats are joining them. And soon the slightly holey silk shirts shall make it a festive party out there. I scour thrifts throughout the tour season for silk shirts as they layer nicely. And if they have tiny holes, who can see it through the gleam of a beautifully nuanced performance?

We had lovely people on all the tours but my favorites have to be the wee ones who brave the chill (and Marley's ghost- brrrr!) to come and cheer on those Cratchits.

Now it's time to sip a tea, write a check to So Others Might Eat, thaw my fingers out (perhaps before I write that check?), and get ready for "The Expedition" which opens on January 7th. Walk off those Holiday calories as we ascend Capital Hill using the world's tiniest climbing rope. See the marvel of the City's oldest elevator, the secret connection to the Empire State Building, where the Star Spangled Banner was first sung in Washington City and much,much more.

And donate to charities my dear. Even a little can help a lot and you'll feel so good inside you may not need chocolate. Well, let's not get carried away, you may still need chocolate. Mrs. C does. But you will feel grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment